Jere began playing gongs in 2009. He has studied with world renowned Gongmaster Don Conreaux and several other master gong and sound healing teachers. Jere has played gongs for thousands of people in the U.S. and internationally. Click here to watch Jere play the largest commercially available gong in the world, the Paiste 80" Symphonic gong. Jere facilitates public and private gongbaths and Breathwork + Gong Healing Journeys in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area and elsewhere. He also has taught dozens of students to play the gongs for themselves and others. Jere often collaborates with other gong players, sound healers, and musicians.
In addition, Jere holds a Masters’ degree in Spiritual Psychology from the University of Santa Monica, is a Certified Meditation and Mindfulness Instructor, a Soul Centered Professional Coach, and an ordained minister. He offers one-on-one and group coaching, classes, workshops, and retreats and is available for public speaking to the general public and business or non-profit organizations. Topics include meditation and mindfulness, mindful communication, work/life balance, Spiritual Psychology, conscious leadership, spirituality, reclaiming your life from burnout, and similar topics.
In past years, Jere played gongs as a trained volunteer at Ryan House, a palliative care facility for children with life-threatening conditions in Phoenix, Arizona, and at Hospice of the Valley.
Jere currently has the good fortune to share his life with seven remarkable gongs:
• Mr. Charlie(1) – a 32” Paiste Symphonic gong
• Sylvia(2) – a 20” Paiste Symphonic gong
• Jalal ad-Din(3) – a 24” Paiste Symphonic gong
• Al Tira(4) – a 38” Paiste Sedna Planetary gong
• Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh(5) – a 24” Paiste Uranus Planetary gong
• Maitri(6) - a 24” Paiste New Moon Synodic Planetary gong; and
• Malach(7) - a 32” Paiste Mercury Planetary gong.
(1) Mr. Charlie – from the Grateful Dead song by the same name.
(2) Sylvia – the name of Jere’s very dear cousin who transitioned from this life in March 2009 following her experience with breast cancer. “Sleep in the stars, Sis.”
(3) Jalāl ad-Dīn – named after the great mystic Sufi poet Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī
(4) Al Tira – Hebrew for “fear not” or “do not fear.” See Genesis 15:1.
(5) Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh – Hebrew for one of God’s names: “I will be Who I will be.” See Exodus 3:14. As Divine Beings having a human experience, Jere's wish is that we can each say “I will be who I will be.”
(6) Maitri - a Sanskrit word meaning "unconditional loving kindness for oneself."
(7) Malach - Hebrew for "messenger" and, especially, "angel" (since angels are messengers of God).
Jere Friedman, J.D., M.A., CMMI, is an Employee of the Universe – with full benefits! Jere is a practicing attorney, a certified Breathwork Healer, and is considered one of the foremost gong players and sound healers in the world. “The gongs found me,” says Jere. “From the moment that the mallet struck the gong at my first gongbath, I felt drawn – compelled – to learn to play these marvelous instruments and to share with others the joy and healing they bring to me.”